WEST READING, PA
High level position that services and sells to the customers at the sit-down area and on the telephone by providing the customer with accurate travel information and arrangements. This position places the highest emphasis on sales. Consultants will be required to produce a minimum commission amount that is determined by their wages.
* Counsel walk-in and telephone customers for travel by providing accurate information.
* Sell and collect payment for memberships, financial products, attraction tickets, travel money products and Travel Store items.
* Cross-sell all Travel/Member Services products and member benefits.
* Book hotel, car, group departures, airlines, cruise, tour and rail reservations for global destinations utlizing the most current automation.
* Complete any educational testing and training required .
* Resolve customer complaints.
* Attend vendor training sessions and educational familiarization tours as required.
* Escort group departures as requested.
* Perform any other duties as may be requested by management so as to effect safe, efficient fulfillment of job responsiblities.
* Must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
* High school diploma or GED and previous related experience and/or training.
* Personal characteristics of being alert to details and conscientious to perform quality services.
* Organizational skills required.
* Available to work additional hours and weekends.
This position requires prior experience in the travel industry as a Travel Agent or a sales background.
- Once hired, pay dates are bi-weekly (Week 1: 35 hrs/wk; Week 2: 38 hrs/wk) During Week 2, will work extended hours on Wednesdays and Saturday mornings.
- Saturdays and OT required during busy season - January thru May.
**This is a temp to hire opportunity.